Most people like to be a member of a family and a part of the team. Here at JS West that is exactly what you’ll experience. JS West & Companies is all about family. We’re family owned and operated and have been for more than a century. Our whole philosophy of business embraces the bonds, trust and loyalty found in the family unit and extends to our family of employees, customers and community.
JS West has an exciting and inviting opportunity for a Sales Person to be based in our Modesto region and help expand our operation. Reporting directly to the General Manager, in this position you will develop and nurture relationships with businesses and industry entities, coordinate with customer service and technical personnel to ensure customer satisfaction, negotiate and close new sales agreements to meet productivity and sales goals; while contributing to marketing plans to continually increase our customer base and gallon volumes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with businesses and industry entities such as home builder associations, real estate companies, and other trade organizations to cultivate new business prospects.
- Actively participate in industry organizations and attend trade shows to continually build a professional network.
- Pursue targeted new business and negotiate new sales agreements to increase customer base year over year. Follow up on sales leads. Call or visit potential customers, initiate mailings and other related activities.
- Negotiate and close sales contracts and service agreements. Improve and meet required productivity/sales goals
- Champion a positive, professional image of JS West & Companies to create customer goodwill and foster referrals and repeat business.
- Follow up with new accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and fulfillment of the job.
- Maintain relationships with key accounts to ensure continual customer satisfaction. Implement existing sales and serve agreements consistent with company guidelines.
- Coordinate with Technicians to effectively service customer accounts. Assist with customer issue resolution.
- Familiar with fuel industry concepts, trends, practices, and procedures, including government regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and best practices.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas fired appliances and distribution systems.
JS West offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, ESOP, 401(k), Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays.
Position pays a base rate plus commissions.