Safety Manager Needed
Most people like to be a member of a family and a part of the team. Here at JS West that is exactly what you’ll experience. JS West & Companies is all about family. We’re family owned and operated and have been for more than a century. Our whole philosophy of business embraces the bonds, trust and loyalty found in the family unit and extends to our family of employees, customers and community.
Due to a promotion, we have an exciting and inviting opportunity for a Safety Manager to be based in our Corporate Office. The Safety Manager creates and maintains a culture of safety by promoting a safe, accident free and healthy work environment for the entire company. Reporting directly to the CFO, in this position you will be responsible for coordinating and managing all the activities involved in maintaining the safety of the organization including conducting monthly safety meetings at 18 locations, maintaining motor vehicle records for a large fleet, and utilizing knowledge of industrial safety regulations.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Safety Manager or in equivalent field
- Minimum Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Extensive experience with OSHA rules and regulations
- Experience with BIT Inspections and CHP laws and regulations
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Northern and Central California
- Bilingual preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes studies and analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Formulates general safety policies and procedures to be followed by company or plant personnel in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupations Safety and Health Administrations (OSHA) rule and regulations.
- Consults with all departments on design and use of equipment, shops, fire prevention and safety program.
- Inspects or tours organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
- Keeps managers and employees alerted as to the hazards of working with toxic fumes, dangerous chemicals, and any other hazardous substances.
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies. Participates in the administrations of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to cut down on lost employee time and cut back on unjust claims.
- Devises, supervises, and coordinates training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness.
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintains safety files and records.
JS West offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, ESOP, 401(K), Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays.